Saturday, September 12, 2009

Vacation Time!

On Sept. 05 I decided to just drive to North Carolina and see my FAVORITE comedian, Chonda Pierce. I simply got in my car and drove. I didn't have any idea where I was going (thank God for my new GPS)! I didn't have a hotel room. Just me and God (and my suitcase.) I listened to praise and worship music on the way. I rolled down the windows and listened to the wind blowing by. At times, I turned everything off and drove in silence because I was desperate to hear from God.


At the gas station in TN.

And finally after driving 6 hrs, I arrived in the great state of North Carolina. I asked my Garmin friend to find a hotel near my destination. There was a hotel right beside the place. So I checked in and went into my room. I thought I had plenty of time to rest and get dressed before the concert. But I didn't recall that the time changed ahead one hour when I crossed state lines (and I had crossed 3 state lines by then).

My comfortable bed.

When I got to the concert, my seat was down front on the side in one of those box seats. There was only one seat there, so it was great. There were people behind me, but more about them later. Chonda was great. This is her This Ain't Prettyville Tour and she rocked! She had other comedians there also and they were great as well. I have seen Chonda before and knew that the second half of her show would be talking about the places that God had brought her. I basically just sat and cried for the next hour. So many things that she spoke about that night touched me to the very center of my being. I knew then that I was exactly where I needed to be that night. Once the show was over, I was still crying and a lady behind me asked if I needed a hug. I accepted the hug and kept crying. We talked for a while and she invited me to come to church with her the next morning.

Chonda and I

Need I say more?
My new friend and Chonda

So I went back to my room at the hotel and spent some time with Jesus and allowed everything that was going on inside of my to halt and give way unto The King of Kings. And for the first time in a long time, I slept so peacefully in the bed. I went to church the next morning and enjoyed the service. I began my travel home. I stopped at the Ocoee River in TN and just marveled at what God had made. I simply took the time to sit and notice things that God gave us to enjoy. That He really is on the mountain top and in the valleys of MY life. Just as that river flowed with water, He truly loves me. That's one the things that God has reminded me of this week, that no matter what is going on in my life, that He truly loves every piece of me.

A scenic view Beautiful craftsmanship
My favorite view

I want to raft this riverAt the Ocoee

Had to laugh!

After I was done at the Ocoee, I ventured on up to Chattanooga, TN. I went to the Tennessee Aquarium and again marveled in God's creations. Also, I went to the African Adventure at the IMAX in 3D. It was beyond incredible. It makes me want to go to Africa.



Lookin good in 3D.
I had a great time just getting away. I realized that sometimes going with the flow is great. I usually like to have everything planned out and know what I'm doing, but God showed me at times in life you have to let go and simply live. Don't miss what God is trying to show you in mist of things. He really is a good God.
For the rest of my vacation I have read 6 books, watched 5 movies at the theater, re watched all of Chonda's DVDs that I own, and most importantly spent time getting to know the Creator of the universe. Truly an amazing God that I serve.

1 comment: