Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week of Thanksgiving

I was off work until Thanksgiving night. I got back home on Monday from my trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. On Tuesday I met 3 friends for lunch at my favorite Mexican place. YUM! I picked up Trey that evening to spend the night with me. We played and watched a movie. On Wednesday, we went to Jametra's cousin's house for Thanksgiving dinner. On Thanksgiving day, I spent the day in bed reading books and watching Lifetime movies. On Friday, Jametra and I got off work and hit the stores to shop. I may not love to shop, but I LOVE black Friday. I like to watch people more than anything. Jametra said that since we both had to work again Friday night that we would go to a couple of stores and be in the bed by 10. When I last looked at the clock, it said 12:30. On Saturday, I got up and went to the theater before work. I love watching movies at the theater. I saw Morning Glory and Burlesque. I liked both movies. Then it was off the work again. Jametra got a phone call that a cousin had been rushed to the ER. I made a couple of phone calls and got it cleared for us to go over to the ER. Her cousin didn't live. It was very sudden and unexpected. But the family is pulling together and leaning on God during this very hard time. Please pray for them. On Sunday, Jametra and I met up after she had been with her family to eat. She just needed a break, she says. And eating soothes our souls for some reason. On Monday it was back to my "regular" life. Keeping kids and working at night. It's just what I do. I had missed the kids a lot and we had to talk about everything they did. It's been fun listening to a 2 yr old describe his trip to Disneyworld. The sparkle in his eyes is incredible. This weekend, I am heading to Birmingham for Deeper Still. And right now, in this very moment, I am yearning to be deeper still. I am opening my heart to hear from God this weekend. I didn't realize but some of my favorite people will be there. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with them at some point. So once again, on the road again.
That smile gets me every time 
He just had to have two paintbrushes 
painting on a canvas  
This is where I spent 1 hr at on Black Friday 
I told you she liked to shop

No comments:

Post a Comment