Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Meal Boxes

Over on Angie's blog, she shared a great way of organizing her ingredients for dinner. So helpful. I took the idea this week and made some boxes of my own. I have found that I like to "cheat" on my eating when I'm busy or tired. So I bought things that I like and made boxes of food with the right amount of calories in each one. On the days that I work, I include all calories for that day. If I am having something that is frozen, I include it in the list but it stays in the freezer. I started this on Monday, and so far it has gone better than I thought. If I am not working, I have left calories out of the box for a meal out. I eat out a lot and want to cut back on this. For instance, today I knew I would more than likely eat out for lunch, so I set aside a number of calories and when I went to the restaurant I made sure to choose something within those calories. And now I will continue to eat out of my box for the rest of the day. I actually like it so far. I know that I have something handy that is a healthier option for me. I am willing to try anything once. And I happen to like the idea that it's neatly organized. Fits in with my personality just fine!



1 comment:

  1. Ummmm this is GENIUS!!! Love it!!

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    Love your blog! I am following you!

    ReplyDelete