Saturday, June 25, 2011

21 day challenge By Lysa TerKeurst

As most of you know, I love to read. I only wish I had more time to devote to it. I struggle with reading The Word most days. (just an honest post) I have read a few books lately that have helped shine some light on a few "dark" areas in my life. And one of those is my devotion time. Another is my weight battle. I know that NOTHING will do for me what the Word of God can do. So I'm on a journey of becoming more disciplined in the area of reading and memorizing The Word. A book that Mandisa suggests reading is Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst. WOW! An amazing book for sure. I was simply floored by how God opened my eyes to many doors that I personally shut in my life due to my weight. My weight is bigger than just a physical issue and while I know the root of the issue, I haven't completed the work that is left undone. Of course, I love Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure. So, I am starting Lysa's Made to Crave 21 day devotional. Do any of you have suggestions for devotional books?

1 comment:

  1. I love Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. Short devos but packed with Truth every day. I use it as the base for reading Scripture and journaling and prayer. Never disappoints and God meets me right where I am in these devos. Great gift, too!

    ReplyDelete