Monday, October 31, 2011

Coming soon on DVD....

On Thursday, October 20th, I got off work and took Tay to school. I drove up to Nashville, TN and met up with some great friends. I hadn't met Misty yet, but was looking forward to it. Several of my friends and I were meeting in Nashville that day for Chonda's new DVD taping. And I was so excited to go. I met Pam and Misty at the Charming Charlie store. So much fun. These women are crazy. But, then again, so am I. I ran to the hotel to change clothes and get ready for the taping. I met Cyndi at the church and we ran a couple of errands. She lives in Nashville and somehow we still got lost. It was fun though. We just made the most of it and called someone who helped get us back on the right road. We got to the church and Pam and Misty were there already. We set up the tables and got them ready for the show. Pam, Misty, and I went into the first taping. OH.MY.WORD. So much fun. I know that I am partial to Chonda, but y'all it was so great. Kaylynn and Robin were outside when we came out. We worked the tables in between shows. Then we all went back in for the second taping. EVEN. BETTER. There's just something about a room full of people laughing, sitting with girlfriends who "get" the inside jokes with you, and watching God use someone to minister to other's lives. Makes for a great night indeed. After the shows, we got everything put away and loaded back on the bus. We hung out with Chonda, Cyndi, and Mr. Hollywood for a few minutes before they had to take off. Misty, Pam, Kaylynn, Robin, and I went to eat. It was only 11:30 at night. Not many choices to pick from. But we still had a great time. I went back to the hotel with Pam and Misty to gather up my things. I stayed a little while talking to them. Then I headed home. I had to be back on Friday morning. It was a quick trip and a whirlwind. But, I would do it again tomorrow. At sometime in November, the DVD is supposed to release. Just in time for a great stocking stuffer. Or just because. You can check out Chonda at http://chonda.org/ or on Facebook at Chonda Pierce (comedian). If she is coming anywhere near you, please go to her concert. I promise you won't regret it.
beautiful day for a drive 
headed to the show
backdrop 
waiting for the main event
CHONDA!
 
 
 
 
Stacey from Branches and I  
Kaylynn- pregnant and posing 
Misty and I 
Kaylynn and I  
Cyndi
Cyndi and Mr. Hollywood 
Turbos unite!  
Cyndi and I 
Mr. Hollywood had my camera- that's all I can say
LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!

I am your Living God, far more abundantly alive than the most vivacious person you know. -Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment