Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beyond the clouds.....

I got up early on the 28th. The man came with a couple of other men and some plugs to fix my car. I watched from the window and saw that it was not working. He came to the door and said that he had bad news. He thinks that my timing belt needs to be changed and he couldn't do it. So I made a call to the place where I got the car and they made a plan to come and get the car. I texted Cyndi and told her that I wasn't coming to ATL anymore. I was upset about the whole situation. So I went back to bed. I simply posted on FB and Twitter about change of plans. A few minutes later, Dr. Hill called me. She asked what I was doing. I told her that I was lying in bed. She asked why. I told her that my car was broken and that I was just hanging out at home for the weekend. She insisted on renting me a car for the weekend so that I can go to ATL. I cried. And then I cried. And then I cried. Some more. Jametra ran me to the car rental place and I met Dr. Hill there. When I got to the counter, I teared up again. I bet the guy was thinking "what in the world." But we got everything signed and I headed on my way. I cried for about the first half of the drive. I was reminded so often of how sometimes I miss blessings that God has for me because I don't ask. I want to sit here and not move because it's easier and comfortable. But, there are times when asking for help is such a blessing in disguise. I feel so blessed to be loved by others in my life. The generosity and thoughtfullness of her actions will forever be in my heart. I got to ATL just in time for Chonda's show to begin. I got to meet Cyndi's longtime friend Marcelle. She was so nice. I also met a fellow Turbo, Amy. I got to help with the signing line. I love to watch women's faces when they meet Chonda. LOVE IT!
the car I rented had satellite radio. Love it!
Cyndi and I 
Cyndi and Marcelle 
Warren Barfield's son M 
such a cutie 
Chonda in Dr. Charles Stanley's church First Baptist Church in Atlanta 
start of the meet and greet line 
this woman's son met Chonda while she was on the USO tour in Iraq.  
A lady brought four of her daughters to Chonda's concert. This is the youngest daughter. The oldest is 24.
It was a great night.

When someone mistreats you, try to view it as an opportunity to grow in grace.-Jesus Calling
October 29th- I had seen on twitter were Courtney Cozier from Biggest Loser 11 would be at a bootcamp workout in ATL. I got all the information and planned to go. I found the park where they were, nut never found them. I was really sad that I didn't get to meet her. One day I will. I got dressed and headed downtown ATL hoping to eat at a popular restaurant. The wait was over an hour, so I didn't stay. Cyndi then texted me and I went to the church to pick her up. We went shopping at TJMAXX- it's her favorite store. We then ate some mexican and headed back to the church to set up for the concert. We were at New Hope church in Fayetteville. We had a good night. Chonda was great. Warren had everyone crying with his  story of how love is worth fighting for. Wow, such an amazing story.
the temp on Saturday morning- burr
saw these at Target- almost bought some for Chonda
the queen of shopping
helping set up the stage
Jeffrey (Warren's brother) making a pre concert call home to his wife
a packed house 
helping M make pink boogers- one of those had to be there to understand it 
they had so much fun

Beginning your day alone with Me is essential preparation for success.-Jesus Calling

October 30th- I stayed at the hotel until it was time for me to go get in line for the restaurant that I had been wanting to eat at. There was already a line forming and I was 20min early. The line kept growing and growing. I was glad to have gotten there earlier. You see, I've heard about chicken and waffles for a while now. The concept was a little lost on me, but I wanted to give it a try. The best place for chicken and waffles I learned was at Gladys Knight and Ron Winans Chicken and Waffles place in ATL. So I waited in line. And waited. And waited. But, the wait was SO worth it. It's fantastic. They offer other things to eat as well. The chicken and waffles are the most popular. So yummy.
 
 
 
yep, I'm that crazy lady in the corner taking pictures of everything- even myself 
YUM!!!!
"real" mac n cheese 
hot chocolate

After eating, I made the drive back home. I love long car rides alone. I love worshipping and singing along the drive. It just soothes my soul in so many ways. I called Ken to see what he was doing for the afternoon. I wanted to see Courageous again. And I wanted to see it with him. I stopped by their house as I came into town. Hollie and Amanda and Mom were making carmel apples for Hollie's class. All 5 of us ended up going to the movie. So fun. We hadn't done that in a long time. After the movie, we went to Lost Pizza Co. for supper. I love spending time with my family. I went back to their house for a little while. I ended up falling asleep on the couch while they were watching some show on tv. I'm so glad that no matter what, I always feel at home when I'm there.
Hannah and I 
Hollie and I  
love my sisters 
so beautiful- inside and out  
Amanda and Hollie 
me, Ken, Hannah 
being silly

My weekend could have looked so differently. I'm so grateful that God knew all along what was going to happen. I'm learning some things and God knew what I needed. I know that other people do care about me and that sometimes a blessing comes in the form of asking for help.
 Thank you God for never giving up on me.
 A song that has been running through my mind this weekend Beyond the Clouds by Tyler Russell. He's Karen Kingsbury's son. He sang this song when we met them in IN. I love this song. It reminds me that a new day is coming. And my sunshine is just beyond the clouds.


Quietness is the classroom where you learn to hear My voice.- Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment