Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 1-4

It's the FIRST already? Time has flown by. And then again, it seems as though it should be November. Last night while the Hills' were out trick or treating, Tay began to not feel well. After he got home, he spiked a temp and it wouldn't come down for a while. The first sign of being sick. He just didn't feel good at all. I got a text from Dr. Hill saying that Tay would be at home with me all day- no school for him. When I got there on Tuesday (the 1st), I could tell he still didn't feel that great. So we were couch buddies that day. We picked up Trey and Anns from school. Trying to get a 3yr old to understand why he can't run around when he "feels better" is very hard. But, we got through the afternoon and I came to work.
making a big train track on the rug 
just the two of us
carpool line 
trying to be scary
three amigos

Each time you plow your way through the massive distractions to communicate with Me, you achieve a victory.- Jesus Calling
November 2nd- Tay stayed home from school again. He is good as long as he is not up running around. Again, welcome to trying to keep a 3yr old boy calm! But the day went ok. Their grandmother came into town and picked up Anns from school so Tay and I could nap longer. We used our regular nap time to sort through some Pampered Chef products that needed to be delivered. It was great to have helpers this time. Then, it was back to work that night for me.
he wanted to be woody while we watched Toy Story 
just us 
reading a book about sharks 
boxes, boxes, and boxes 
handy helper 
this was his way of helping

A yielded heart does not whine or rebel when the going gets rough. -Jesus Calling

November 3rd- Tay stayed home from school again. Dr. Hill had the day off and called to tell me that she was taking the kids to the doctor (by now, Anns isn't feeling good either). After she gets home, she tells me that I can go home to rest for the day. I took her up on that offer. So I went home to bed. She text me later and told me that both kids were sick and got two shots each. Poor kiddos. Her mom came to help out that night. And since they were already going to her house on Saturday, she just took them on Friday. I went to a meeting that night. Afterwards, I decided to go to Starbucks and catch up on my blog. And I did. I also had dinner there. Never done that before, but must say, it was great. Dinner, coffee, and blog catch up was indeed a good night.
 

When you reframe setbacks as opportunities, you find that you gain much more than you have lost.
 -Jesus Calling
November 4th- Since I unexpectedly had Friday off, I called a couple of friends and we made plans to eat lunch in Memphis. I told Dr. Hill that I was living in my old life for a day. I use to just wake up on my off days and head somewhere. Or a co-worker would call and we would just take off someplace. It was nice to do that again. So Jametra, Sade', Hannah, and I went to eat at Bahama Breeze in Memphis. We then went to Target and headed home. When we got back, I went to the movies and saw October Baby. It was a good movie. A tear jerker for sure. Or maybe just for me.
Sade', Hannah, me, Jametra 
 

You must traverse this day like any other: one step at a time. -Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment