Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dream come true

So I have been planning for a while to see Chonda Pierce in concert at some point this year. I had been planning on taking some time off work for another reason, but when that got cancelled, I took the chance to see Chonda a lot. And I mean a lot. I spent two weekends in a row with her. I did "work" some. I happen to love doing that kind of thing, so it didn't seem like work/helping out. It was great to hang out with Chonda, Sandy, Cynthia, Warren, and Doug. She was in concert with Natalie Grant both weekends, so it was a double blessing. I mean, really, Chonda Pierce and Natalie Grant on the same night. Who wouldn't go? So here are some details from the first weekend:

March 1- After I took Tay to school, I drove to Jackson, MS to meet up with everyone. I got there in time to help set everything up and Cynthia and I ran to T.J. Maxx. It's her favorite store. EVER! We came back and I went and found Kelsey and the girls. I have been friends with Kelsey for a while, yet this is our first time to meet in person. I was so thankful for this opportunity to be able to meet her. Once the doors opened, I worked with Cynthia at the merch table. After intermission, I sat inside for Chonda to come out. I tried to leave after her opening song, yet she "caught" me, and I stayed for the remainder of her show. I love hearing her "share" stories and making everyone laugh so much. After we got everything packed up and loaded back on the bus, I headed home.
got my music all ready to go
the set up
Natalie Grant and her band 
Warren Barfield 
Doug- he traveled with Warren
They help Food for the Hungry- love his apron
CHONDA!
Amber- a new friend that sat beside to watch Chonda

March 2- I hadn't planned on going to the show tonight because of schedules and where it was supposed to be. I spent the day with Tay. We did some shopping and got Anns from school. I went home that night to rest up for the rest of the weekend.
They celebrated Dr. Seuss day at his school

March 3- The show was in Pascagoula, MS. I spent most of the day doing some birthday planning for the next day. It was really fun. But, then again, I like that sort of thing. The show went well and it was time to move on to the next city.
a Pinterest idea coming to life 
weather was looking rough 
I should have bought this at Target 
the bakery that made me a last minute cake
Warren on stage 
We asked one of the volunteers to help us out by modeling some of the merch. Isn't she just cute?
Now, onto Fairhope, AL.

No comments:

Post a Comment