Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

Christmas Eve is a big day for my family. We visit both sets of grandparents. I was very apprehensive about this year. With it being the first Christmas without my grandmother and Amanda, I simply wasn't looking forward to it. This year, my grandfather wanted to have Christmas back at his house. This is the first time we would have Christmas there in about 15 years. At first, it was hard for me to grasp the idea of having Christmas there without her. As the oldest grandchild, I have so many memories of Christmas at their house. It was bittersweet to think about. Today was indeed different from any other year. My dad and brother weren't able to be there until later. We went on as usual. Every year, my MamaDean wore an "ugly Christmas sweater." So this year, all the girls donned Christmas sweaters in her honor. I truly believe she would have loved every second of it. I missed her so much, but saw her in the little things that we did. My brother and dad did eventually make it to see my grandfather.
 
My PawPaw actually asked for this picture to be taken 
Peek-a-boo 
found a friend on tv 
Danielle, Octavia, and I 
PawPaw 
baby dolls 
Aunt Lynn 
thug for life? 
ugly sweaters 
 
Danielle 
Octavia 
cousin love 
 
love my PawPaw 
baby #2 to arrive in June 
he made it after all 
Timothy and PawPaw 
with Aunt Lynn
 
Afterwards, we went to my other grandparents house. Again, it was a different year here as well. My cousin, her husband, nor my aunt were there. Yet, I am still grateful for these moments. I will always be thankful for the memories from last year here with Amanda.
 
Poppy 
Arron 
Nanny 
bird house 
ever been so excited about socks? 
thrilled 
typical 
Nanny and Poppy 
next Christmas card? 
 
Arron and I

I've been so blessed to be surrounded by family. I know that not everyone has the privilege to see their family and celebrate this season. And I pray that I never take advantage of this blessing.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment