Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nanny Week

With this being national nanny week, I couldn't not share that I have the complete honor to nanny for a terrific family. I absolutely love them. Being a nanny is hard at times and greatly rewarding. I've been with this family for over 5yrs. I never thought I would be here this long, but now it's hard to see me leaving. I'm invested. I'm attached. I'm involved. And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I get to watch as they grow up. I get to share in exciting moments. I get to help wipe tears. I get to snuggle when they don't feel well. I get to hear about their days. I get to stand on the sideline and cheer for them at events. I get to pray with and for them. Very simply, I get to share life with these three.

It's a privilege to be apart of their lives. Everyday is not sugar drops and rainbows, but really that's not reality. And at times, I get caught up in the day to day life stuff, that I forget to just stop and be. Just to be present in the here and now with them. Even in the small things. I could never thank their parents enough for trusting and allowing me to be apart of their lives. They have forever changed me.



No comments:

Post a Comment