Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Scriptures

Every January Beth Moore begins a scripture memory on her blog. I decided to join in and asked some friends to join in. I like the accountability. The idea is to learn and apply a new scripture on the 1st and 15th of every month. At the end of the year, that's 24 verses that have penetrated our hearts. There's no set verse. Each person decides on one that speaks to them at the time in their lives. I'm a little behind on blogging for these. Here are mine so far (I'm using the NLT version):

Jan. 1- Isaiah 43:19 "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
I chose this verse because as I embrace this new year, I am wanting God to do some new things in my life. I am taking some steps to try new things. To have new adventures and do things I 've never done before.

Jan. 15- Psalm 56:3-4 "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. I praise God for what He has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
I chose these verses because I am having to trust God with my grandmother's health. We are uncertain about two masses found in her right lung. It could be cancer. It could not be. The uncertainty is always a scary place for me. So I am putting my trust in God that He already knows the answers to our questions and that He has a plan. So no matter what the doctors say, God is in control.

Feb. 1- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But if someone who falls alone is in real trouble."
I chose these verses because I am reminded that we need other people. As we are getting ready to start our new Bible study this month, I am praying that we are able to hold each other up. That we aren't falling alone. That God brings us closer together as friends as we dig deeper in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment