Friday, December 19, 2014

Freeway Wrapup

It's hard to believe that it's been 12 weeks since we first began the study Freeway. Although I was extremely nervous and not sure about leading the group, it's turned out to be much better than I ever thought it would be. I loved having the chance to establish a deeper relationship with each of my friends. To hear them share their hearts and lives creates a ripple in my heart. Personally, I feel like I have grown a lot through this.
Here are some of the things that spoke to me the most:
"Too many of us believe the lie that we need to sanitize our scandals, brush away our grief, and cover up our scars."
"Everything you have faced had brought you to this moment to embrace your profound mission: to love the loveless and help God patch up the broken."
"Jesus smiles when we courageously grab hold of our second chance."
These statements spoke volumes to me. I've felt like my past was too hard for me to share. That others wouldn't gain anything hearing about my journey. Yet, God wants to use every part of my story. I'm not the only person to walk this road. And at times others need to know that they are not alone. That someone understands where they are coming from. I've felt God nudging me to expand my horizons and reach out of my comfort zone. I pray that I hear His voice and don't run from the opportunities that He puts in my life.

This is us at our final day of the study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment