Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Week of August

I couldn't think of a better title. Oh well. This week is pretty much just another week. I worked Sunday night and Monday night, and have taken some vacation time so I'm off for an entire week. Don't be fooled, I still have to get up early to keep Tay and do my regular duties with the kids. On Friday, I will head to Nashville, TN for the weekend. I simply cannot wait. Branches Recovery Center is a place found by Chonda Pierce and her brother Mike Courtney. It is a place where people receive Christian counseling and help in dealing with life. It is simply an incredible ministry. Every year they host a conference called Simply Free. And it is a 2 day event with speakers and time for individual sessions with the counselors. I have been signed up to go since March. I know that I want God to speak to me in the deepest areas of my heart this weekend. I know that I don't have to go all the way to Nashville or wait for a certain weekend to want God to speak to me. I am believing that He is going to use the life stories of the speakers this weekend. It helps heal your own heart when you know that you are not alone in your struggle. So I am ready to listen and have God heal some areas in my life. I know this is a busy weekend, but please lift up the Simply Free event in prayer. Lives will be changed. Have a great holiday weekend. I'll be back next week for a full report. God bless each and every one of you.
Here are a few shots of what Tay and I did this week (so far).
He is hiding under every blanket
He dug in the dirt for about 3 1/2 hrs- ALL BOY
And Trey came to see me at work one night last week.
Couldn't resist not posting this picture.

1 comment:

  1. oh you are going to have the best weekend! yay! i pray God brings to you the healing & spoken truths that you are needing to receive!!!

    ReplyDelete