Monday, November 8, 2010

Wild, Wild, Weekend...Part 2

On Friday night I drove up to Bentonville, AR to see Kelly dance at the NWA DWTS. On Saturday morning I went to Mugs and Muffins at her church. I met some great ladies and we talked for a while before going into the sanctuary to hear the speaker. The speaker that morning was Becky Patterson. She has an amazing story of faith and hope. After surviving breast and cervical cancer, she lost her only daughter in a car accident in September. Her trust and faith in God is so inspiring. She said that even if she could bring Micayla back just to hug her again, she wouldn't. She knows that Micayla is in the presence of the Lord and He knew how many days she was going to live. Wow! Becky has been through a lot and is still grieving. Yet her faith in God has not wavered. Micayla's bible was marked on this verse and Becky and her husband have declared it Micayla's verse:
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" Psalm 73:25-26
Becky reminded me that every day is a day we are not promised. Live today as if it were your last. Don't leave regrets behind.

On Saturday night, Kelly competed in the NWA DWTS. She did a great job. Even though she didn't win, it was a lot of fun. And I had the incredible honor of meeting some ladies' blogs that I read. Several of Kelly's friends came out to support her. I felt a little bad that Scott was the only man at the table. But, he seemed to handle it just fine. He better get used to a lot of girls!!! Honestly, it was a great experience and so worth the drive. And it was all for a good cause. I had a blast!! Great job Kelly!
Kelly and I 
Melissa and I
Hillary and I 
Jennifer and I 
This young girl shared a poem and part of her story with us.
It took a lot of courage.
She looks as though is having a blast.  
The couple who won. This is NOT the outfit she danced in. It was a little more out there.
This man stepped in for another man who was originally supposed to dance with this lady.
The man found out he has cancer and had to step out of the competition. They had up signs that said
"Mike this is for you"  
The kids from Crossroads are teaching Thriller to all willing participants  
And a group shot of Kelly and her friends that came to support her
Such a fun "girls night out".

No comments:

Post a Comment