Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Biggest Loser Casting Call

As most of you know, I went to Nashville on Saturday to attend The Biggest Loser Casting Call. It was kinda a last minute thing since I had planned to be in Tampa for the weekend. I knew that if I didn't go, I might always regret it. I am very happy that I went and got to experience what it's like and to meet new friends on the same weight loss journey as I am. Once other people knew I was going, I can't express how many supporters I had. Thank you to everyone who offered prayer and encouragement. It means everything to me. I know that no matter what happened, that I would give God the glory and keep going. So here is the breakdown of what happened:
I got into Nashville about 6:30 on Friday night. After checking in to the hotel, I went to Murfreesboro with Kaylynn to go to Lane Bryant and Charming Charlie. I love Charming Charlie and found a ring and bracelet to match an outfit I brought with me. Added bonus: the bracelet was only $1.00!!! We went to eat at Fulin's. It's as Asian restaurant that we don't have back in Tupelo. It was very good. The sushi was great! I figured I might as well have desert since I was going to the casting call. So I ordered a brownie (my favorite).
I knew I needed to go to bed early since I was getting up really early on Saturday. Well I could go to sleep. I finally went to sleep at 1:00 and had my alarm set for 4:00. So basically, I took a nap. I got up and dressed and headed downtown. I parked in a parking garage. I got there about 5:15 and then I spent 15 minutes looking in my car for an earring that I KNOW is still in there somewhere. So I didn't have my earrings that matched my other jewelry and had to just wear some that where in my purse. So first lesson learned: I can't impress people by jewelry or other things, I just have to be me. The casting call was at The War Memorial Auditorium. You have to walk up tons of stairs to get to the top. I felt like I was in the scene of the Rocky movie. I made it to the top and there wasn't a lot of people. I was about 50th or so in line. And I was pumped! I looked around and at the beginning of the line was a tent. A lady had brought a tent and camped out since 5pm the day before. And next to her were some ladies that had sleeping bag and blankets. They had been there since about 2 am. It was very funny to me. But it showed there dedication for sure.
I got out my chair and was getting ready to read when more people came up. I must say I am so glad that I had a jacket in my trunk because it was 30 degrees. Some people would walk around and talk to everybody. I gave up on doing any of the things I brought with me to stay entertained. Around 6:30, this woman about 10 people behind me starts running and screaming WAKE UP to all the people in the front of the line. It was HILARIOUS!! I knew I wanted my picture made with her. So I got up and started meeting other people and just became very social. As usual.
This is Kenyata. The woman who ran around screaming too early in the morning. Tiffany and Brittany were in that section of the line as well. Tiffany got out her Ipod and we lined up to do the Cupid Shuffle. At 7:00 in the morning, mind you. I don't know what came over us. We also did the Cha Cha Slide and some did the wobble. I have no idea what the wobble is, but they did it.
Tiffany, Me, Brittany 
Dancing Queens 
The Wobble
For the next couple of hours I talked to people and got to know them. It was great finding out where others are in the journey and simply in life. God showed me a few things in me that I didn't realize until now. So if this whole weekend was just for those things, then I am very pleased.
Ashley S. and I 
They gave out sugar free Red Bull. Guess they thought we might need it. 
This is the lady from the tent. She was really nice. But let everyone know she was FIRST in line. 
This is the Pink team. They were second in line.  
The backs of their shirts 
Ashley J, Me, Kelly 
Boo Boo or Calvin Jr, He was selling tickets to the Brad Paisley concert after his interview 
Ashley S., Susan, and I 
Maria and I 
The official sign  
Two Tracies 
Brandon- a casting director coming out to get things started 
I was handed #37 application 
Filling out the application 
This guy used the trash can to write on. That's using his resources wisely. 
Tiffany nice and comfortable- in my chair 
Susan putting in contacts 
the crowd 
the crowd 
the crowd 
we are dancing again 
To prove I was here. They started splitting the line up into groups to go into the interview. I was separated from the people I had become friends with. The ones I went in with, I didn't know very well.
Kristin, Maria, and I waiting inside 
Once inside, we sat at a table with ten people. Donna-a casting director came over and asked a few questions. Even though I was last in line, I had to go first. WOW! I didn't want to go first. I wanted to hear what other people said then I could analysis what I wanted to say. But, no I went first. And honestly, I'm glad. After one of my answers, she turned to the others and said, "And that's how it's done. Good job" It was really quick and to the point. You left your application and pictures on the table and were told to wait for a call back by 7 that night. That's it. I waited for 5 hours for 15 minutes of interview with 9 other people. And I'm glad I did it.
Donna and I
Afterwards, I went back to my hotel for a nap. I got up and met with Kaylynn for mexican and a night out. I love Nashville night life. So much fun. I didn't get a call back. And that's ok. I know that God has other plans for me and I'm good with that. Through this experience, I was able to see just how much support I have in other people back at home. I don't ask for support a whole lot, but now I know that other people want to help me in this journey and I will not be afraid to ask for help now.
Kaylynn and I!!!
While we were out, a sweet blog friend Mrs. V that I have gotten to know, sent me a message saying that I was on the Nashville news. WOW- go me! She was so sweet to take a picture of me on her tv. How cool is that? She has been a great encouragement as well to me and I am hoping that one day, we will get to meet. (for some reason I can't get that photo to load right now)
Overall, it was a great experience and I'm so glad that I came. 
THANK YOU to all of y'all!


  1. I was there and took some footage. Maybe you can find yourself. I was #147. Sorry to here you didn't get a call back. I didn't either. I loved seeing you guys dance. Thanks for that.

  2. I really enjoyed getting a chance to talk to you while you were here. You are doing great at making changes and will continue to do so. You have so much to offer and I feel blessed to be able to call you my friend!

  3. I didn't get a call back today and as I sit here wondering why, I'm glad I wondered upon your blog. Thanks for being positive. I am on the fence of making a video but it's great to find someone else who enjoyed the experience and gained something from it despite not getting an interview.