Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today...

Today's weather is gorgeous. I went to workout this morning and here is what Drew had me doing today:
(this is going to be harder to explain than I thought)
- I ALWAYS start on the treadmill for 5 min before my workout with Drew. It helps my heartrate increase so I am ready. And also because Drew told me to do it.
-1 1/2 min of side steps. This is done with a riser. I step up and then step down. It goes like this left up right up left down right down
-1 1/2 min of step ups. Turn to the side of the riser. Left up right up, left down, right down.
- 5 cycles of this
- 1 min break
- Then I held 35 pound weights in each hand and walked to the front of the gym and back.
- Then I leaned over so my body was parrell with the floor and used one of those 35 pound weights to do arm presses to the floor. You lean over, take the weight and lift it to your chest for 10 reps.
- Then I went over to a weight machine and used the bar to do body push ups. You start with your feet away from the bar and hold onto the bar then push your self back up for 10 reps. Think of it like doing wall push ups. (And if it looks too easy your trainer then moves the bar and has you move your feet back some more. Or at least that's what happened to me.)
- Repeat that cycle 5 times.
- 1 min break
- Repeat step cycles again.
- Treadmill at incline of 6 and spead at 3.0
- Every couple of minutes, Drew adjusts my treadmill with more spead and incline. I always feel as though I am going to fall off. Drew looks at me and says "You're not going to die. In fact, this will help you live." So I press on.
-Then the treadmill slows down to help my heart rate lower.
That's what I did today. And it may not look like much, but I sweat from the start to the end. I'm always so red and sweaty when I leave. But that's a good thing.
It's almost time for naptime to be over. Then it's off to work again for me tonight. Happy Thursday.
after my workout- I'm so HOT!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Keep at it! My hiney needs to get back to the gym!!!! Thanks for inspiritng me! Keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete