Monday, August 1, 2011

July 23- 28, 2011

Pretty much of the same thing this week. Except, not. The kids left for a vacation at the beach and I worked that weekend at the hospital. On the 25th, I took Trey and his two cousins to a nearby lake. They have a sand area and picnic tables. So we headed out that morning and made a day of it at the lake. They had a great time and didn't want to leave. I loved watching them play in the water and sand. We had a great time. My camera was acting crazy, so I took quick pictures of the kids with my phone.
Trey 
Qua 
Nakaya

I worked Tuesday and Wednesday and with the kids still gone, I went home and went to bed everyday. This week I have gained some new perspective of my life. I'm happy to say that I've gotten back on track with eating and exercising. And have done surprisingly well. If I do say so myself.
I brought my Bible and "some tools" to work with me this week. During my break times, I wrote out scripture on index cards. A helpful hint from Beth Moore and Mandisa. It has helped so much. I love it. Not sure why I didn't do it before. Well, while I was filling out cards, if I wrote something wrong I tore it out and started over. After doing this a few times, I realized that I was wasting too many cards. I'm not perfect and my scripture cards don't have to be either. So if I made a mistake, I just kept writing. A good lesson of my life not being perfect, but I can come to Cross just as I am.
 
My view from the treadmill on Wednesday morning

On Thursday, I slept most of the day and went that afternoon to the gym. I wanted to go to the H20 Zumba class. Zumba in the water? Sign me up. I did cardio first and when I got to the pool, they weren't doing the class anymore. So I swam laps until time for the next class. So I spent 3 hours at the gym. And I lived to tell about it. I felt really good. And I slept like a baby that night.

Up next: Going Beyond Southaven, MS with Priscilla Shirer and Anthony Evans Jr.
(I've got so much to say...)

1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Thanks so much for the bible study ideas!! I am defintely using these, if you don't mind. I also really want the book by Priscilla.
    I am so proud of you Cyndi! You always "go beyond" to help everyone and be an example of Jesus' love. It is an honor to call you my friend!
    Love your blog and enjoy reading it at least 2 or 3 times a week. Also love the pictures.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete