Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Weekend Roundup

Friday night I went to my friend's Bachelorette party. We ate at Logan's first. One thing I'm NOT a fan of- lateness. If I know to be there at a certain time, I make it a proiroity to try and make it there. Needless to say, I was the first person there and had to wait a while before we got a table. Dinner was good though. Afterwards, we went to a hotel to hang out a while. It was fun meeting other people that also know the bride. I didn't take any pictures though. I went home early. I was really tired!
The bride and her cousin (my roommate) 
My hair cracks me up in this picture. I honestly have NO idea what is going on.

Saturday started really early. I got a phone call from Marquita asking if Trey could spend the day with me. I said yes. He got there at 6:45 AM! We went back to bed for a while. I needed to return some things and run a few errands before the bridal shower for my friend. I dropped Trey off a my parent's house so I could go to the shower. I loved the idea of having the bachelorette party and bridal shower all in the same weekend. Now it's over and we can do other things to get ready for the wedding. The shower went great. She gots lots of gifts from her registry. I liked the games we played and will use them again. We played How Well do you know the Bride- it's a list of questions about information about the bride (you can download from online). We also played TV couples. The list was of couples names and we filled in the blanks of what TV show they played on. Of course, there was food and cake!
how could I say no to this face 
us at lunch 
Bridal shower cake 
Bride's sisters' 2 yr old twins 
I actually bought this gift for her-but now I'm really wanting one as well 
pretty picture frame 
Bride and I 
Jametra and I

I went to get Trey and eat dinner with my family at my parent's house. My sister in laws sister and mom came as well. Her sister has a 6 month baby and he is so sweet. Trey acted like he wasn't jealous, but I could tell he was. He isn't used to sharing me. He warmed up and played with the baby. It was a good night.
Trey and Mimi 
Just me 
Trey helped feed the baby. Hopefully he will help a lot when his new brother or sister arrives in Jan.

On Sunday I went to my grandparent's to have lunch after church. Nothing like a home cooked meal by my grandmother on Sunday afternoon. My grandfather upgraded a tv in their house and offered my the "old" one. I wasn't turning down a new tv for sure. My cousin was in town (she lives in FL), so it was great to see her. My dad offered to pay for my mom, my SIL, and I to see The Help that afternoon. I was out the door and in the car before anyone else. So off to the movies we went. I loved the movie as much the second time as I did the first time. I tend to notice things I missed when I see a movie more than once. It was a great Sunday. Even if I did have to come to work. So now it's back to my regualr week. Kids and working. It's what I do best!
Hope everyone has a great week!
town where my grandparents live ( I lived here until I was 10) 
My cousin Brittany and I 
the spread 
mom, Amanda, and I at the movies 
Amanda and I

No comments:

Post a Comment