Friday, October 7, 2011

The Resolution for Women- Week 2

Purposefully Feminine- A resolution to be champion biblical femininity. I haven't really given much thought to what being feminine means today. I'm thankful and honored to be a women in today's time and appreciate the things that women before me did so that I may live the life I live. I can do a lot of things not all women get to do. It's a privilege. And I love being a women. Yep, even on the bad days. I know that God created me just as I am and knew whether I was male or female long before my parents did. In this week's section, Priscilla goes into details about the role of women. I know that as a single woman, my role is not the same as others. I'm still called to be submissive. I may not have a husband yet, but am I being submissive and obedient in my current season of life? To my employer? To my pastor? And what about to God? I'm not to wait on a husband to be submissive, I'm supposed to be now. If I'm not being submissive now, who says I will be when marriage comes. So this weeks reading made me look inward to what kind of woman I am being. How am I portraying myself under those in authority over me? Am I making the cut as a woman of God? Today, not tomorrow.

Some highlights from the sections:
Pretty in Pink
- It is a commitment to honor the One who created us female and who knows is best, who has proven time and again the only in obedience to His plan for us will we find ultimate fulfillment.
- A Christian woman- one who proudly wears the badge of womanhood given by her Father- must resolve to go against the tide.
- God's ways are good. They are all good.

It's Good to Be a Girl
- You, as a woman, are worth neither less nor more than your male counterparts.
- And not just good, but necessary.
- Being a woman was never a curse to be endured or a trait to be tolerated. It is a gift to be treasured and esteemed.

Role Reversal
- They choose to submit. (She described the role of football players and their coaches. The players are so much bigger/stronger than the coaches usually, yet they still submit to their leadership.)
- Human relationships are not designed to be a raw contest of power and strength but rather a self-controlled acceptance of clearly outlined roles.
- Because submission is where everyone finds ultimate freedom.
- Much of the frustration women experience in their lives is directly linked to out refusal to yield to God's design for womanhood.
- Nothing can truly and ultimately be enjoyed when we're not willing to remain within our roles and boundaries. That's just the way it is.
- Only by surrendering to His design for womanhood will we as women experience the liberation we are trying so desperately to recover elsewhere.
- Your strength can best be displayed, its benefits most fully experienced, when you choose the trusted, effective boundaries of God's established order.
- You, too, are responsible for how you function within your submitted role, putting your trust in God's faithful love and goodness by obeying Him against any urge to the contrary.
- A place of freedom and peace awaits every woman who aligns herself with God's design.
- "A woman's strength is best seen not in the demonstration of her power but in her ability to harness it under the authority of God-given leadership."

Purposefully Feminine Resolution:
I will champion God's model for womanhood in the face of a postfeminist culture. I will teach it to my daughters and encourage its support by my sons.
Cyndi R. Autrey

This week's memory verses:
1 Peter 2: 9-11
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment