Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

October 7- Tay and I met Jametra for lunch. I love being able to take Tay anywhere with me. He is such an easy little boy. I enjoy the days that it is just the two of us at home and I enjoy the days that are filled with errands and busyness. I was staying later than usual that night. Once naptime was over, Anns got out a board game for us to play. And a puzzle to put together. Trying to decide what we wanted to do for supper and the night, their mom game home and took Anns to meet a friend and her family for dinner and she ended up spending the night over there. So Tay and I stayed at home. He was extremely hyper. After eating dinner, we went outside to run off some of his energy. We swang, raced in the yard, and played in the sand pile. It was fun to play outside in the dark. Not a typical day for us. Then it was time for a bath. I love babies and kids after baths. We snuggled on the couch to watch a show before bedtime. His mom came home in time to put him to bed. So sweet.
us at lunch 
pretending to be asleep at lunch 
guess he really was sleepy
Anns 
probably the best picture of the three of us- ever 
game time 
reading the directions
played the ipod while dancing with Tay after dinner 
all boy, all the time 
very dirty hands 
 
just a swingin' 
running like the wind
bath bubbles
thought I would try to catch up while he played in the tub (I was still in the bathroom with him)
yea, it didn't work 
shampoo hair 
freshly bathed kid

Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances. -Jesus Calling

October 8- I left the Hills a little after 11 and went to Walmart. I got home around 12:30am. I'm not sure what happened, but I decided that it was a great time to clean and do a few things around my house. And since Jametra was awake, I might as well involve her. We cleaned out the fridge and defrosted our freezer. I cleaned out the pantry. I put together a tv stand. You know, the things you do at 1:00 am. We finally went to bed a little after 3:00am. I got up decided to move my bookcase. I wanted to move it to another corner. On the same wall. So I tried scooting it. Nope. I tried inching it. Worked a little better. Then I had to take everything off so that I could lift it to put it in the corner. Well, then the bookcase bottom piece broke. And it was leaning. So I sat down in the floor and tried to fix it. Well, the shelves that where still in the case fell.
 On. Top. Of. My. Head.
Yep, I now had a nice, huge bump on my head. That hurt. Jametra suggested I leave it where it was and while we were out I get some nails and try nailing the case back together. So we got dressed and went to the Flea market, ate lunch, and shopped. I got the bookcase fixed and went to meet my friend Hannah at Hobby Lobby. I got some things for Hannah to decorate for me. We then picked up the balloons and went to decorate at a restaurant for her mom's surprise 50th birthday party. It went really well. Then I came home to finish getting my house ready for girls' night. Hannah and Sade' came over around 9:30pm. We painted, talked, played cards, cooked, ate, sang, and plain had fun. So much fun. They spent the night and we didn't go to bed until 4:30am. A great Saturday indeed.
defrosting the freezer
putting together a stand for our utility room
 
organized!!!!!
 
so much better
 
tv stand parts
 
finished product- not too bad if I do say so myself
books and things from bookcase 
cause of bump on my head 
saw this at the flea market and I am wanting one so badly 
bought the egg skillets I've been wanting 
got a tag for my car 
hanging a curtain in the kitchen
balloons and old pictures 
her mom is 50 this week and her dad is 54 also this week 
Hannah and I  
love these details on the cake 
her brother, the birthday girl, Hannah, her dad
happy to be at girls night 
painting letters for Ella's bow hanger 
phase 10 
this is not uno 
trying to shuffle 
snacks 
buffalo chicken dip and crackers 
Sade' got cold 
 
dancing queen  
decided to rock some side pony tails  
 
 
 
sleepy time 
night night

You need to look beyond the flux of circumstances and discover Me gazing lovingly back at you.
-Jesus Calling

October 9- We all slept until about 9:30 or so. Sade' and Hannah left. I took a shower and finished cleaning up from the party. Then I went to eat lunch and watch a movie. I came home in time for a nap before going to work.
nobody really wanted to wake up  
just me

You can ventilate safely to Me, because talking with Me tempers your thoughts and helps you see things from My perspective.- Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment