Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving! I woke up really early. After a little while, I heard Jametra wake up and go outside for the paper. I opened the door and asked if we could look at the Black Friday ads. She laughed and said yea. So we were up at 5:45 looking at the ads in our pjs. My dad called about 6:25 and asked if I could come unlock his truck because he locked his keys in it. So Jametra and I went up there and unlocked the door. We headed back home and begin the process of putting up the tree. I got a shower and got dressed. My grandparents came by and picked me up and I went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving lunch. I haven't always done that and honestly I am glad that I went. If my car was working, I would have went to Ken and Amanda's as well. I know that I missed them and would have loved hanging out with them. My grandparents took me home in enough time for a quick nap before work. I have worked for the fast four Thanksgiving nights and have missed out on the black Friday madness. I'm one of those people that likes to go shopping on black Friday. I really wanted to go. But I didn't. And it's ok. I really didn't need anything, so I wasn't too tore up about it. I did make a trip to Walmart in the morning and Trey's mom was working. She said it was crazy. Fights had to broken up. I loved hearing about all the madness that happened. I went home and took a nap. I had my granddad listen to my car and he thought it was just the battery, so my dad came over Friday morning and charged it so I could go to the shop and get a new one. Now its working fine again. Sometimes, its the smallest things. I came back home and got back into the bed. I love days when I can do that. Then, it was time to go back to work. Saturday has been filled with sleep, watching movies, reading, and sorting through the family pictures I got back. I have had a great week and weekend. I'm so thankful and blessed to have incredible family and friends. And the love of a Savior that know no bounds. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
starting the process of putting together the tree 
one layer up 
at least it's up 
my mom holding my cousin's 8wk old baby-Madeline 
my dad's parents 
Aunt Patrice and cousin Brittany 
Nanny and I 
me, Brittany, Nanny, Poppy, Timothy, Arron 
Brittany and I 
MamaDean (my mom's mom) and I 
me with Madeline 
4 generations- my grandmother, Aunt Lynn, cousin Octavia, and baby Madeline 
so sweet

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment