Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

It's that time again. Time to think about the past year. Time to dream of things to come in the next year. So many times, I've found myself making a list of new year resolutions. And so many times that list goes by the wayside on Jan 2nd. I have thought about some things over the past year and I am looking forward to the new year. So I will be sharing some of those things. One thing that has really been sticking with me for the past few months is something that I've been applying to my life since reading Priscilla Shirer's book Resolution for Women. In one part of the book, she talks about giving your best NOW. And not waiting for what you want to happen before you start to live. So many times, I've said "that I can't wait to have a husband or children so that I can ____________." Or "I need to lose a lot of weight so that I can __________." Priscilla focused on the point of why wait. And that has become a new motto for me. I'm not wanting to wait to live. So that's one thing I'm wanting to embrace in the upcoming year. To live life NOW. Not to wait on things that may never happen. I'm honestly, I'm beyond THRILLED with this opportunity. Can't wait to see all the things that 2012 brings. The other part is about giving your all to what you are doing now. I can love my future husband now. By loving myself and giving my all to those around me will one day lead to me being able to love my husband and children fully. And to love fully now is something that I want to do on a daily basis. This probably makes zero sense, but to me it's perfect. And so with a year behind me and a life ahead of me- I'm going to love with all I have and embrace every moment! Some things that I would like to do next year:
some may get done, some may not- and I'm not focusing on that at all, I'm just excited about getting the chance to do some of these things.

  • I wanting to complete a project 365. 
  • to attend this conference 
  • to do better at being healthy and happy

  • yes, yes, and YES!!!

  • a big priority this year

  • would like to attend this conference
  • See Chonda at as many shows as I can

  • own a pair of cowboy boots
There are lots more things on my "Bucket List" for 2012. Mostly, I just want to be open to all the adventures God has in store for me. I'm ready for the year of my life! Welcome to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment