Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Day

It's that time of year. New clothes, new backpacks, and new school supplies. I happen to LOVE this time of year. At what other time can I walk into Walmart and get notebooks for $.17 or crayons for $.25?  Exactly, I have a school supply shopping problem. I love taking kids to buy their supplies. Ususally I pick up a few things for myself as well. Our schools began on August 07 this year. It still seems early to me. I know that they are excited about beginning this new year. I wasn't able to see all "my kids" off to school, but I did get updates and pictures. Trey began Kindergarten. He's such a big boy. Seems like yesterday I was watching him take his first breath and now he's in "real school." Anns began 2nd grade. I remember her first morning of Kindergarten. She looked so small compared to how much she has grown in the past 3 years. Hollie is now in high school- 9th grade. She's more involved with school activites and is becoming a great young woman. Hannah is a SENIOR! Where did my little bowl-shaped haircut little girl go? It's hard to believe that it's been 9 years since I began to keep them. Time has FLOWN by. I am praying that all these kids have a remarkable year. Tay and I will start our fall home-schooling in a couple of weeks and he will began 4 year old preschool in September. Then my fall schedule will be more normal.
He wanted to be a big kid and ride the bus on the first day 
doing seat work 
isn't she simply cute 
I stopped to see Hannah and Hollie before work.
Can't believe this is Hannah's last year of high school. I couldn't be more proud of her. She's an incredible person and has a heart of gold. I love her passion and zeal for life. So thankful God allowed me to have her as a sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment