Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nashville

Most of you know how much I love my friend Chonda. Her mom passed away on August 7th. She was in the hospital for about 7 weeks. When I found out, I knew that I wanted to go if I could. The service was going to be on Saturday, so once I got done with kids on Friday, I headed to Nashville. I checked into the hotel and went to bed early.
needed for the road 
view from the road

August 11- I got up really early. I got dressed and went to pick up my friend Cynthia, so we could attend the service together. The service was a celebration of a life well lived. They had family and friends tell stories and we laughed as well as cried. It was so moving and beautiful. Cynthia and I visited with the family for a little while, then we headed back to her house. She was meeting up with some friends that night. I went to my hotel and napped. I waited for a little while to see if my friend wanted to get together that night since he was in Fort Campbell, KY. He was still busy, so I went to Broadway to eat supper. I went into a few of the stores to look at some boots. I'm going to be getting some soon. Just need to lose some more inches around my calves.
This is Nanny and I at Simply Free in 2010. I only knew her for a short time, but my life is so much richer from knowing her. 







This is one of my favorite pictures of Chonda and her mom.
Cynthia and I- if she and I lived in the same city, we could be dangerous
this is my friend Tracy- he went skeet shooting with his Army buddies for the day
I tried on these boots and LOVE them. I'm going to have to save some money and just give into the temptation. I simply LOVE them.  
had dinner had the River Brewery

August 12- I got up early so that I could leave early. I met Tracy for lunch before heading back home. I got home in enough time for a quick nap before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment